This is About You: The 10 Keys to Great Leadership
August 17, 2010 § Leave a comment
This isn’t about Jeff Immelt, the CEO of GE, although this list of things comes from him.
This is about you.
I want you to read through Immelt’s list and, after each item, ask yourself a question that will help your growth as a leader: “What does this mean to my situation, and how might I learn from it?”
You can read the full version on Fast Company, but below is the list of 10 keys to great leadership:
- Personal Responsibility.
- Simplify Constantly.
- Understand Breadth, Depth, and Context.
- The importance of alignment and time management.
- Leaders learn constantly and also have to learn how to teach.
- Stay true to your own style.
- Manage by setting boundaries with freedom in the middle.
- Stay disciplined and detailed.
- Leave a few things unsaid.
- Like people.